Lock up Toro drive wheels

John Sze

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a Toro personal pace 20334 and I replaced the transmission and the drive wheels. When I tightened the wheels with the guards it locked them up. Are the new guards to buy or any thing else I should be looking at

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look at the parts diagram and make sure everything is where it’s supposed to be. Is your cable tension adjustment correct?
The Personal Pace mowers give a good cut. However, the transmission is the weak spot. I went through two transmissions on the one that I used to have. I got rid of it after the second one failed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On the steel deck Recycler the most common cause of this problem is the Personal Pace cable adjusted too tight. Loose the cable clamp on the handle and pull the cable toward the handle and tighten the clamp. I advise people to pull it up until it free wheels and then back down until the drive works properly. If this doesn’t solve the problem, check to is if the belt is pinched between the pulley and belt guard.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
On the steel deck Recycler the most common cause of this problem is the Personal Pace cable adjusted too tight. Loose the cable clamp on the handle and pull the cable toward the handle and tighten the clamp. I advise people to pull it up until it free wheels and then back down until the drive works properly. If this doesn’t solve the problem, check to is if the belt is pinched between the pulley and belt guard.
Correct! As the transmission and belt age, the cable tension is continuously tightened by the owner. When the new transmission and/or belt is installed, the cable tension needs be readjusted.