LESCO BACK PACK BLOWER

jackcu

Threads
ok I have rebuilt the carb. It has spark but will not start, not even try to start. How do I check the coil to see if it is making enough spark to fire engine? I have disconnected the ground and it is making spark. All wires seem to be fine. Its sparks when switch is in the on postion and will not make spark with the switch on the off position. I think spark is weak. Freaking coil is 81.00. I need a way to test strength of spark. How do I do this. I have a tester yes its a good one. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before you blow $81 on a coil have you checked compression? Carb properly installed(gaskets linkages etc) can you check to make sure fuel is getting throught carb? Does it start with starting fluid?

jackcu

Threads
Before you blow $81 on a coil have you checked compression? Carb properly installed(gaskets linkages etc) can you check to make sure fuel is getting throught carb? Does it start with starting fluid?

Have not checked compression yet. Have a tester and will check it. Do you know what how much pressure I should see or is it just that I should some.
Wont start with ether. Darn sure carb is correct and I know linkage is good.
I am fixing for a friend so would like to be sure weak coil is correct before I advise him of cost. Any way to check coil strength?

LoCo86

Threads
Have not checked compression yet. Have a tester and will check it. Do you know what how much pressure I should see or is it just that I should some. Wont start with ether. Darn sure carb is correct and I know linkage is good. I am fixing for a friend so would like to be sure weak coil is correct before I advise him of cost. Any way to check coil strength?

Personally I don't know. But have you looked on YouTube for some videos to show you how to test a coil. I'm sure there are some on there.