LB 10515 problems

modded

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old gold series 10515 that I got from a lady I mow for. Last year it wouldn't start so I cleaned the carb and it ran a couple times during the summer as it's not my primary mower. This year I decided to take the engine brake off since the cable was broken and I had to ground the wire to the engine block to shut the mower off. During removal I found the primer bulb was cracked and so I took it off and plugged off the primer hose. The throttle plastic piece is also broke and so I have the throttle fixed on fully opened. I couldn't get the mower to start without shooting a squirt of gas into the carb, but even then it will only run for 5 seconds or so until that gas burns up then shut off and won't start unless I shoot more gas into it. I took off carb and cleaned bowl, screen, main jet, main jet assembly, etc.. I also cleaned the exhaust (1 out of 3 ports was blocked) I have taken off the carb a couple times and it's always full of fuel so I know gas is getting into the bowl but I am not sure why it's not going into the engine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Is it correct thinking that the problem is related to fuel?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are your own worst enemy. Primer is also bowl vent, won't run if plugged. Not allowing the throttle to move is asking for something bad to happen.

bogdaN

Threads
Yes,sir must have primer and I always keep it original shape

modded

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are your own worst enemy. Primer is also bowl vent, won't run if plugged. Not allowing the throttle to move is asking for something bad to happen.

I am leaving the throttle open and trying to start it before I buy new parts. If I let the primer hose port just vent, will that suffice atleast until I see if the mower will run for a few minutes?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Need to know the serial number, as different carbs were used during different years of production.

modded

Forum Newbie
Threads
Need to know the serial number, as different carbs were used during different years of production.

Not sure at the moment. It is the plastic one not the metal one that I have read that some of them have.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry I'm backing out of this thread. You are doing things I cannot recommend for safety reasons. Maybe someone else will want to try.

modded

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry I'm backing out of this thread. You are doing things I cannot recommend for safety reasons. Maybe someone else will want to try.

I got it running. I was simply looking for help trying to get it in running condition, not to actual mow with it in its current stage. Try to relax a little and don't get so paranoid my friend!

jp1961

Threads
For what it's worth, I have used a Tecumseh type rubber primer bulb off a 3 hp snowblower on my Duraforce 6.5 engine. It does have a vent hole and is made of rubber not plastic like on OEM primer bulb. Looks identical to stock.

Jeff

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Me paranoid? I doubt it. If you notice none of the other techs on this forum chimed in, we post to help people out, not possibly getting them hurt. Doing what you were doing, removing the brake, setting the throttle wide open, with your limited knowledge is an accident waiting to happen.