Lawn tractors and zero turns.

Bill0742

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I thought that this forum might be for me so I want to check it out. I am a very senior man in North East Texas. I have a few acres and I use a lot of power equipment to assist in maintaining my property. I have 3 riding mowed setting off on the side due to all needing some repair. I also have 2 maybe 3 push mowers not in use. I am currently using a cub cadet zero turn which I like very much. In addition I have a Huskvarna zero turn which is not operational. The wiring harness burns up and I and a service technician have been unable to find the problem. Wiring harnesses are not cheap. My desire is to find a local individual that would be interested in trading all but my Huskvarna for a GOOD tractor mower. It need not be in new condition but reliable. I wish to pull a gas powered lawn sweeper and hook up my lift system for aft attachments. Any insights would be helpful and appreciated. I live South of Tyler TX.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the model & serial numbers off the mower ID tags and we will see if we can get all of your gear up & running .
Mowers are not complicated and the wiring is even simpler.
As for dealer techs, a lot of them could not find there own bum hole with a map, prismatic compass & instruction video.
They are there to do predelivery assembly and produce very expensive quotes to help the front office sell more new mowers .

hil0742

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your reply Bert. I am only Intrested in getting the Huskavarna running again without the electrical smoke. A garden tractor would be very nice to have running again as I could connect my 3 point adaptor to it for small implements. As I mentioned, I would be happy to trade the garden tractors along with the push mowers for labor to get one of the garden tractors running.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The song remains the same.We still need to know what the model is before we can help you to fix it .
Once we know the model number we will look up the wiring diagram and then ask you to do some tests in order to rule in or out common faults.
The most common fault is people putting the battery in backwards by the way
My second most common electrical fault is an owner fitting the power supply wire for the mower on the switched side of the solenoid .

Bill0742

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I will get that information and post it. Right now it is raining. Thank God

Bertrrr

Threads
Post some Pictures of the Husky , I've rewired a number of these machines but I'm down in southwest Louisiana so not much help probably

Bill0742

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your reply. I will get these pictures as soon as I can. But please don’t hold your breath until then. Due to the time of year, my wing is on the back burner. I will get back to you though. I have been thinking about just bypassing all safety switches . However I have 2 Great Grandaughters that believe everything is a toy.