Kubota BX1870 Deck Height Adjustment

logan01

Threads
The hydraulic lift works fine. To set how low the deck will lower, it has a large knob facing forward beneath the front of the seat. I managed to turn it all the way up (clockwise) but couldn't budge it counter-clockwise to lower. A friend of mine as strong as an ape manage to rotate the knob after 2-3 attempts. The best I can tell, the knob doesn't push / pull in order to rotate it. I assumed the knob was a simple one-handed operation. Can't find any literature on it other than the owner's manual which simple refers to rotating it. My FiL died yesterday so I went over there to make the yard nice for visitors. Heck of a lawn mower (his) aside from that one issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

Romore

Threads
I am sorry about your loss, it is never easy. Give your wife an extra hug. I had that problem with a BX2670, the shaft seized in the bushing. The only solution is remove the deck and spray a good lubricant at it while somebody works the knob.

logan01

Threads
I am sorry about your loss, it is never easy. Give your wife an extra hug. I had that problem with a BX2670, the shaft seized in the bushing. The only solution is remove the deck and spray a good lubricant at it while somebody works the knob.

Thank you. Will do. And thanks for the tip.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep,
People set then forget the height so it corrodes in place
Also on most , you can only turn the height adjuster when the deck is in the locked up position & there is no load on the deck lift mechanism.

logan01

Threads
Yep,
People set then forget the height so it corrodes in place
Also on most , you can only turn the height adjuster when the deck is in the locked up position & there is no load on the deck lift mechanism.
Thanks buddy.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not to be a smart A, but you do know that you must have the deck in the up position to make height adjustment.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Yes, the deck must be in the raised position.

Put a shot of WD-40 on the metal shaft, it will rotate easier then.

FWIW, the plastic knob on my BX2230 cracked, I'm currently trying to epoxy it. They aren't very strong if you try to muscle it.

Regards

Jeff

logan01

Threads
Yep, I had found the info on the decking needing to be in the up psn for adjustment prior to posting here. I really was expecting the knob to give way but it stayed together surprisingly. Thanks guys.