Staff member
Threads
We need more information
what problems are you having?
are the valves not operating?

Von Patterson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Went to start engine backfired after almost starting. 245 hr 3 years old. Dealer said cams wiped out. Only few days out of warranty.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That could very well be the case,
If the dealer is right you need a new cam shaft.
Usually cam lobes wipe out due to insufficient maintenance. Which is not changing the oil which I'm sure you did.
of course if you want to inspect it yourself we can guide you through that,

Von Patterson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went to dealer look inside engine cams gone. Are others having this problem.I changed oil ever 50hr kept engine clean. I guess these engines kohler making in China is reason not relible Anymore??

Von Patterson

Forum Newbie
Threads
IT JUST A CRYING SHAME KOHLER NEW ENGINE IS LIKE THAT. MY 2010 kohler engine one my hquarvarna dont us any oil and has no problem with that24 hp.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is just a few days and not a few weeks, the dealer may be able to get Kohler to pickup part of or all the tab on the repair.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Before spending a lot of money on this I'd pull the valve covers and have a look for myself. Might be the rocker arms are loose? Push rod off? I think it would be rare to actually wear a cam out with that low hours, even if a plastic camshaft. But wait to see if they will warranty the motor first.

Von Patterson

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it is just a few days and not a few weeks, the dealer may be able to get Kohler to pickup part of or all the tab on the repair.
The plastic cam gears were broken 1/2 mooned. Dealer said kohler said not going to warranty engine cost me 600.00.