Kobalt 2x24v max - klms 2524a-03, second time using, wont start

XMrFinchx

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kobalt 2x24v max - klms 2524a-03, second time using, wont start
As the title suggests, just got this lawn mower. I used it last week and it was fine, started it up today and mowed for about half an hour before it went dead on me. No signs of life. Both 24v batteries are fully charged, tested them both with my multimeter. The battery light on the mower itself doesn't come on, and the self propelled drive doesn't work, as it should even when not mowing. Safety switches seem to click as normal, but absolutely nothing. If anyone has any ideas or helpful info, it would be greatly appreciated.20220618_012846.jpg

MowerMike

Threads
Sounds like a bad switch somewhere, but could also be a bad connection. If it were me, I would just return it to Lowe's for a refund.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
30 minutes, in tall grass, might be all you get. A voltmeter will not accurately reflect the capacity left in a battery. Do those batteries have a charge level indicator?

XMrFinchx

Forum Newbie
Threads
30 minutes, in tall grass, might be all you get. A voltmeter will not accurately reflect the capacity left in a battery. Do those batteries have a charge level indicator?
Yes, they have charge level meters on them. They both were almost completely full when it died on me. Recharged them anyways and still nothing.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I have had a battery yard tool 'overload' such that it would only 'reset' after I pushed the charge indicator button - you could try that.

otherwise, I don't have much else....