Kawasaki FD791D Issues .

cableguy52

Threads
Have and FD791D on a Turf Tiger. Engine cranks but wont start. Will start with starter fluid. All voltages at ECU are correct. Fuel pump pressure correct, all relays working. . No error codes.Grounds are good.Fuel pressure sensor and regulator good. Any Ideas or suggestions ?/ Thanks

100 td

Threads
I know nothing about this system. I'll have a guess that the pressure/vacuum sensor is not sending a signal to the ECU, therefore fuel won't be supplied, once you spray starter fluid in, it fires, the speed increases enough to make the vacuum sensor work enough and fuel is then supplied.
Check vacuum sensor hose/seal for kinks, cracks, tightness etc. It may not throw a code if the sensor is OK, if it's not getting the vacuum signal it's not sending the "go" signal. Take all this with a grain of salt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check to see if you are getting a spark
If not then you have a MOWER problem with one of the safety switches.

Luffydog

Threads
When you turn the key on do you hear the fuel pump

cableguy52

Threads
Fuel pump is working, safety switches by passed. Will start with starter fluid but then dies. Injectors are not firing.. preformed test and keeps saying to replace ECU. Switched ECU with another mower, no change. Hooked light to injector leads, doesnt flicker when engine is cranked. Got me stumped !!

Luffydog

Threads
Look at the white wire in the ecu on your machine harness I would say it is corroded up. If so about the best way to get it going is a new wiring harness

Luffydog

Threads
I just looked back and seen where you said the fuel pump was working I misread that. Sorry there are two relays close by the ecu or on the battery side if not look under close by the radiator check those by changing them and see if something stops working or if makes any changes

cableguy52

Threads
Look at the white wire in the ecu on your machine harness I would say it is corroded up. If so about the best way to get it going is a new wiring harness
Have 12v on white wire to injectors and good at ECU. Thanks

cableguy52

Threads
I just looked back and seen where you said the fuel pump was working I misread that. Sorry there are two relays close by the ecu or on the battery side if not look under close by the radiator check those by changing them and see if something stops working or if makes any changes
Already changed relays. injectors test good. just wont fire.

cableguy52

Threads
Already changed relays. injectors test good. just wont fire. Have 12v on white wire to injectors and good at ECU. The issue is like crank sensor not working . Too bad this engine doesn't have one!

Last edited: