Jonsered chainsaws

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Has anybody used Jonsered chainsaws or other equipment? Back in the early 1980's we ran their saws in a logging business and they were awesome. Probably as trouble free saws as we ever ran. We ran them till we sold out our business. I had three of them becasue we ran two saws all day long every day and kept a third for a spare. Never had to use a backup other than minor things like chain issues or so forth. I see on a site on the net that they have all kinds of equipment. I bet that their trimmers would be incredible. Have not seen a dealer in our part of the world in years.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Out of the 2 posts about chainsaws, I would go for the Makita range before the Jonsered.
Im afraid Jonsered is nothing special these days.
Back in the 80's they were a good make.
You can buy the same saw in different colours from Partner, McCulloch, and Husqvarna which is made in the poulan factory.
They are built to an ok standard but there is better equipment on the market for better money.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Out of the 2 posts about chainsaws, I would go for the Makita range before the Jonsered.
Im afraid Jonsered is nothing special these days.
Back in the 80's they were a good make.
You can buy the same saw in different colours from Partner, McCulloch, and Husqvarna which is made in the poulan factory.
They are built to an ok standard but there is better equipment on the market for better money.

Very interesting. It appears that companies are slowly buying all of the good companies out and making their equipment cheaper and trying to mass market it further at a cheaper price.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Has anybody used Jonsered chainsaws or other equipment? Back in the early 1980's we ran their saws in a logging business and they were awesome. Probably as trouble free saws as we ever ran. We ran them till we sold out our business. I had three of them becasue we ran two saws all day long every day and kept a third for a spare. Never had to use a backup other than minor things like chain issues or so forth. I see on a site on the net that they have all kinds of equipment. I bet that their trimmers would be incredible. Have not seen a dealer in our part of the world in years.

Have not seen a dealer in your part of the world in years? You must not be looking to hard, there are three dealers in and around Birmingham and another 10 or 11 I believe throughout the state of Alabama.

GREENSBORO FARMERS CO-OP

GREENSBORO
334-624-8351

ACCURATE TOOL SHARPENERS

BIRMINGHAM
205-798-1799

ARGO RENTAL & POWER EQUIPMENT

TRUSSVILLE
205-467-3300

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The problem with the Jonsered brand is that people don't think about them. Stihl, Echo and Husqvarna are or have basically taken the market. That's the reason a lot of brands are not thought of, it isn't because there not good equipment.

Threads
The problem with the Jonsered brand is that people don't think about them. Stihl, Echo and Husqvarna are or have basically taken the market. That's the reason a lot of brands are not thought of, it isn't because there not good equipment.

Yeah, I have never heard of them until now! But there are not many dealers in my area.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have not seen a dealer in your part of the world in years? You must not be looking to hard, there are three dealers in and around Birmingham and another 10 or 11 I believe throughout the state of Alabama.

GREENSBORO FARMERS CO-OP

GREENSBORO
334-624-8351

ACCURATE TOOL SHARPENERS

BIRMINGHAM
205-798-1799

ARGO RENTAL & POWER EQUIPMENT

TRUSSVILLE
205-467-3300

The three you mentioned are a pretty good haul for me Birmingham is 2 and a half or three hours. That is a pretty good ways for me. I have a Stihl saw now but I definately would not buy a trimmer or other piece of equipment that I have to run commercially and have to drive even 45 minutes one way from home if there was another brand that was about as good closer. When I replace what I am running it will either be with Stihl or Echo most likely. There is a dealer for both of those within 5 miles of the house...... LOL :cool:

Threads
The three you mentioned are a pretty good haul for me Birmingham is 2 and a half or three hours. That is a pretty good ways for me. I have a Stihl saw now but I definately would not buy a trimmer or other piece of equipment that I have to run commercially and have to drive even 45 minutes one way from home if there was another brand that was about as good closer. When I replace what I am running it will either be with Stihl or Echo most likely. There is a dealer for both of those within 5 miles of the house...... LOL :cool:

Yeah, dealer location is definitely something to consider, especially when you are running the equipment commercially (as you said). :rolleyes:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

That's the reason I run the equipment I run, the dealer is 5 miles down the road and he sells Toro, Cub Cadet and Hustler along with Stihl and Echo and all the parts I would need, so what more could I ask.:thumbsup: