John Deere X300 deck won't lock in fully raised position after deck leveling

FAC

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere X300 deck won't lock in fully raised position after deck leveling
After setting the deck to 2.75 and re-leveling the deck using the tools from under the seat, the deck will no longer lock in the fully raised position. What am I doing wrong?

cruzenmike

Threads
  • / John Deere X300 deck won't lock in fully raised position after deck leveling
I had a similar issue with a Husqvarna mower that when I leveled the deck front to back and side to side, the spindle covers started hitting the bottom of the foot rests when raised all the way up. The best thing that you can do is to lower the deck down all the way and inspect all of the linkages and connections that are involved in the deck lift to make sure that nothing is bent, broken or being obstructed. Then you will want to back off the adjustments on the side to side leveling as well as the bracket that holds the deck to the front of the mower. Check that your tires are inflated to the correct psi and the park on the most level surface that you have. Then first attempt the side to side level and then do a front to back level. Don't be so concerned about the height of the front tip of the blade, rather you should be looking for the back of the blade to be ~1/4" higher than the front. I believe that the manual for your machine should detail this entire process for you as well. There is also a possibility that the apparatus that holds the deck into the highest position is damaged. There is still some plastic on these machines and if anything plastic has been jammed or grooved, it could affect the adjust-ability of the deck height.

bkeller500

Threads
using the tool ..........give each side (1) full turn to lower the deck ( do both sides the same ) and recheck the lock. May need to do an additional turn to lower each side. Set you HOC to a higher number to mow.