JD Z520A Zero Turn Mower

Lometa

Threads
I took my mower in for service in April and it’s still at the JD dealer. They tell me that the hydraulic motor for this unit is no longer available, it was made for them by a company named Parker. My mower is 9 years old, but has always been well maintained and otherwise good condition. I have 2 other JD tractors that are older than that and have never had trouble getting parts or service for them. I am amazed that they have all but told me tough luck, nothing they can do for me. I know that there must be thousands of these models out there that will eventually have the same problem. I know this, I will never buy another JD product if they don’t make this right.

Lometa

Threads
This might explain a few things for you, https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/john-deere-lawn-garden/396013-z520a-right-side-transmission.html
Right side trans number is TCA16979 and left side is TCA16980 , you might be able to find one new old stock, or used.
John Deere Parts Catalog
According to JD the right hand motor which is the one needed is not available anywhere in the Country, they have not been very helpful. The manufacturer (Parker) has ceased making the hydraulic motors and JD has no alternative plan to address this situation. Thanks for your reply.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually not JD's fault. They didn't discontinue the hydro, Parker did. And having Hydro Gear or Tuff Torq tool up for just a few replacement hydros would cost them a lot of money. And that is IF one of them would even tool up for a short run.
We are going to see more of this kind of thing in the future where mfgs can't warehouse vast quantities of parts stock and suppliers stop supplying spares. Vendors break contracts all the time with mfgrs over long term parts supply and the mfgrs still go back to them for new model parts contracts. Just the way it is.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mulligans have always been my go to with hydro problems.
They have treated me very well, been honest even when it cost them sales
If there is a work around they will know it.
Right now they are selling rebuild Parkers and might even offer a full rebuild service for USA residents
Mail gets a bit expensive 2 ways from Oz

Lometa

Threads
Actually not JD's fault. They didn't discontinue the hydro, Parker did. And having Hydro Gear or Tuff Torq tool up for just a few replacement hydros would cost them a lot of money. And that is IF one of them would even tool up for a short run.
We are going to see more of this kind of thing in the future where mfgs can't warehouse vast quantities of parts stock and suppliers stop supplying spares. Vendors break contracts all the time with mfgrs over long term parts supply and the mfgrs still go back to them for new model parts contracts. Just the way it is.
This doesn’t relieve them of any responsibility to support products that they sell especially at the prices they charge. If what you say were true why wouldn’t we just by the cheapest junk available knowing that we would just discard it when it broke. I don’t hear of these problems from Kubota. Maybe the reason is that everything that JD makes is proprietary to them and you can’t get parts from any other source. You can make all the excuses for them you want, but there are thousands of expensive zero turn mowers like mine out there that will probably experience the same problem, will you say the same “tough luck” to them. You sound more like a company spokesman.

Lometa

Threads
Mulligans have always been my go to with hydro problems.
They have treated me very well, been honest even when it cost them sales
If there is a work around they will know it.
Right now they are selling rebuild Parkers and might even offer a full rebuild service for USA residents
Mail gets a bit expensive 2 ways from Oz
If there are rebuilds out there they are not telling my dealer who has been trying very hard to resolve my problem. If you know of a source of rebuilds I would appreciate you letting me know. As I noted I have been without my unit since April. Thanks for the reply.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unfortunately they dropped the locations when they reformatted the forum
Otherwise you would see I am in OZ
Ihave a rebuilder here who does just about everything for $ 400 / Aus but postage might be a touch on the high side
Mulligans are in the USA call them and talk to the experts at getting around problematic hydros .
Hydros is all they do, all brands and often substantially cheaper than namded dealers so named dealers usually will not consult them .
So mostly deal directly with indenpendent repairers & owners .

Lometa

Threads
Unfortunately they dropped the locations when they reformatted the forum
Otherwise you would see I am in OZ
Ihave a rebuilder here who does just about everything for $ 400 / Aus but postage might be a touch on the high side
Mulligans are in the USA call them and talk to the experts at getting around problematic hydros .
Hydros is all they do, all brands and often substantially cheaper than namded dealers so named dealers usually will not consult them .
So mostly deal directly with indenpendent repairers & owners .
Do you have a number or address for Mulligans so I can contact them? I appreciate you getting back to me.