JD self service

Fracture

Threads
Hi People. I may be the black sheep here since I have a big box JD LA175 54". I cut 3+ acres and It's been very reliable for 10 years now, but it's starting to show it's age.I'd like to do some work to help it out but cannot find service manual or after market parts. Things like carb kits, bearings, engine specs, etc. The owners manual is a joke. I'm really not interested in JD's over priced components. I can't even find what I can use for aftermarket spark plugs, fuel/air/oil filter. I know some parts are a JD must, but this is a B&S v-twin and the engine model/Serial # come up empty on google searches. Appreciate any help. Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Give us the model type and code from the engine and I am sure we can find what you are looking for.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want to maintain your mower then JD produce a Technical Manual for your mower, about 200 pages worth, very comprehensive, easy to read with explainations and testing proceedures as well as showing where all the electrical bits go.
However if you expect to get great value items for nothing you are going to be dissapointed as JD charge a fair & reasonable price for the amount of work that went into making it.
They can be ordered directly on line as a download or CD .
Alternatively you can buy them as printed paper from your friendly JD dealer.
As for "overpriced" what they really are is a fair & proper price.
JD can do this because they are big enough not to be blackmailed by the retail giants into providing their parts at cost to Wally, Lowes , HF etc etc on a credit , pay 30 days after sold basis like most of the other mower companies are forced to do now days because they have all gone down the high volume low profit margin route and are now at the mercy of the retailers who will happily sent the factory bankrupt as what happened to Murray .
They are also higher priced because usually they are of a higher quality.
I am not a JD dealer nor in any way connected to JD . I am an independent mower technician so buy & fit a lot of parts and when you do this you see the difference.

Now if your financial situation is so bad you can not afford the extra few dollars for genuine pars then go to the Stens , Oregon, Prime Line & Rotary web pages and search using your model number.
IT should bring up all of the parts that they stock for your mower .
Go to the Briggs web page and type in your full engine number, that is the model type & code numbers.
If you do not understand them there are instructions on the briggs web page.
Then download your IPL
Find the B & S part number , pop that into your google search and you will get thousands of hits

Fracture

Threads
Well thank you for your reply's. The engine Model # on it is 44P7770164B1 and SN is 100222YG18504. I'd like to find Non-JD sparks, filters, carb rebuild kit and a manual. BTW, the carb is attached by something that looks like a reverse torx head screw (male instead of female). Does this require a proprietary tool? Never saw anything like that and I cant seem to find it anywhere. As for pricing, my JD dealer i charging me nearly twice what I pay for other fuel/oil filters and sparks. Bertsmoble1-where could I find that tech manual. Not finding it at JD site. Thanks much for your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • Spark Plugs
  • Brisk DR17YC
  • Champion 71
  • Champion 71G
  • Champion OE013
  • Champion OE013T10
  • Champion RC12YC
  • Champion RC12YCT06
  • Champion RC12YCW24
  • NGK 6130
  • NGK BCPR5ES
  • NGK stk 6130
Tool needed for the carburetor mounting screw is a E5 (External Torx). Just Google External Torx.​
husky-socket-sets-hetx13pc-64_1000.jpg
As JD prices I do they are a little high that why I buy many of Kawasaki parts from a Kawasaki distributor instead of JD. It is the same with the Briggs and Kohler engines. THe only time I buy engine parts from JD is when they are propriety items.​

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Wix filters for the LA175 are,
Oil: 57035
Fuel: 33011
Air:WA10438