Jack's small engines Bought out

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let's see.

Yesterday no acceptance of phone calls. And they will take three business days to reply to emails.

Doesn't look good from my end. I had place my order with Partstree.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Let's see.

Yesterday no acceptance of phone calls. And they will take three business days to reply to emails.

Doesn't look good from my end. I had place my order with Partstree.
Uh oh. I've always had very prompt and good service with jacks. Then i started ordering from Parts Tree as their in Austin and i live north of of Houston = gets here quicker.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes I have always had good service until this week. I had been buying from them since 2009.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got the notice today
I am yet to see the take over os a well run efficient business by another one , improve the first .
Don't know about Northern Tool, never dealt with them but I see no synergies in the two businesses apart from they both sell stuff on line.
Perhaps it is because of the Amazon effect cutting into volumes or perhaps long term they intend to carry a full product line at both warehouses to get better delivery prices.
Always had good service , particularly with freight charges as they will often tell me that I can add another x lbs to the order for the same freight cost or conversely the extra item will push the cost into a higher bracket .
Time will tell but not looking forward to dealing with either Parts Tree or Pro parts , neither of which seem to want to deal with O/S customers.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
My local northern tool store services small engines and they sell briggs and honda parts, but just regular maintenance items.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I only been using Jack's for the parts that neither of my distributors carry. Lately it is primary Husqvarna handhelds parts. But I am having go back to buying my Briggs parts through them as A&I is ridculous on shipping charges under $200. I had to pay $45 on one order.

As for Jack's they contacted me late Friday and we hopefully got the tax problem straighten out. I had to do things via email as I could never talk to a live person by phone.

As for Northern Tools I haven't use after all the trouble I had with an order for hydraulic ram and getting 12 ball pein hammers instead. It took over a month to get things straighten and I never got the ram.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Northern Tool used to be known as Northern Hydraulics. That was before they decided to change to an outlet for made in China.

4getgto

Threads
Northern Tool used to be known as Northern Hydraulics. That was before they decided to change to an outlet for made in China.
And they used sell some small engine parts as well (fast moving stuff). Not brand name but cheaper items.

BIGBOYROY

Forum Newbie
Threads
I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEMS WITH PARTS TREE, I HAVE USED THEM FOR ABOUT 20 YRS NOW, MAYBE THE PROBLEM IS WITH YOURSELF NOT GIVING THEM THE RIGHT PART NUMBERS OR WRONG VIN #'S! HANG IN THERE PARTS TREE I,M 100% YOUR CUSTORMER FOR LIFE!! GREAT JOB GUY'S!