It’s my time to ask for help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This past weekend a friend dropped off a 30 year old Coleman/PowerMate generator and asked me to get it running. Unit is in excellent condition for its age and when I pulled the carb it was sparkling clean. After checking everything out and putting in fresh fuel I was able to get it running, but extremely rough. In-line spark tester tells me I have an ignition problem. That’s where my problem lies, point unit. I’m unable to find any info on this unit. If anyone call point me to an owners and/ or parts manual I’d be very appreciated. Unit model number and engine numbers are on the attached pic. Hoping someone can help me before I have to contact Coleman/PowerMate and Kawasaki. Thank you in advance, Rivets.
cid:2EDF053E-2356-43FF-B304-05338A6263C9

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Doesn't look like the picture loaded correctly. Just a series of numbers and letters showing. And Coleman/powermate is now owned by Generac.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I know engine, photos are not my forte. Here’s the info as printed on the tag.
PowerMate 1500
Agtronic Model PM1500
S/N 19611

Engine numbers
Kawasaki
Model KF34DU
Spec 31361N

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Hey riv, if you can text or email the pic, i'd be happy to upload it here for ya.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve got all the info from the tag in my last post. I’m going to stick to fixing engines and simple typing. I’ll leave the pictures to those younger than me. Thanks for your offer.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you disconnected the kill switch to determine if it may be faulty?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, I’m pretty sure that it’s either the points floating or condenser going bad. Looking for some specs, point gap, and parts list. Manual does not seem to be there.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is always the option of a points eliminator .
Unfortunately Atoms are no longer made so you only have a choice of the Nova or magnatron units

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are correct, but I would like to keep it original if at all possible. Problem I’m having is that no one seems to have seen this engine. Sent an email to Kawasaki, but haven’t heard from them yet. If I don’t hear back in a couple of days, I’m going to give them a call and ask for the oldest fart in tech services. Personally this is the first Power Mate generator I’ve seen with a Kawasaki engine on it.