Impressions: newGT48XLSi

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The seat cushion cover has started cracking along an embossed line . No sharp objects in pocket ever. No sun or freezing exposure. Disappointed...my dyt4000 , vintage 2004 with 800 hours still has a perfect seat , no cracks. I see perfect Craftsman used seats on Craigslist for $100.
Not a reply to seat cover. Over a year ago I attempted to leave info on the failed locker switch which is dash mounted, but it did not show so here is the bare bones info. The switch was damaged by a branch which tore off the (removable) switch top. This switch sends plus or minus current to the linear actuator which engages or disengages the locking feature. No information was found for this Husqy part anywhere so had to dig. The switch is manufacture by Carling , pn 1610R , 20A, 12V, The linear actuator pn is 584393401. Carling is very helpful, and provides a data sheet online ,but will not recognize or confirm the application. The switch is a rocker type , 8 pin with one cavity empty and with index dowel. I found one on ebay for $8. They come in colors , some with led, some without. Worked perfectly

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The starter engagement "jamming" has apparently stopped @ 232 hours. As noted earlier it reminded me of British cars I once owned. The sensation was that the starter solenoid was stuck "on" and therefore annoying. The problem can be caused by incorrect engagement of starter drive gear vs flywheel gear. Too tight and/or improper gear tooth profile(s) , but a quality problem. The flywheel gear probably machines a clearance on the starter gear. I should have "blued" and read the problem, but taking out the starter is not so easy multiplied by laziness. Otherwise mower is running cool and well, the locker freeing me from ruts and mole mounds.