impeller fan

ducassos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a ROYAL 43S that i have fitted a new drive belt. I had to destroy the fan to get access to the belt. how do you get the alloy spacer (belt drive) inserted into the fan? will I have to take it to a place with a press ? It's to tight to hammer in, don't want it to shatter the fan.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_175850resize.jpg
    IMG_20200516_175850resize.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200516_175841resize.jpg
    IMG_20200516_175841resize.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 10

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Plastic Impellars are generally cast onto the meal center thus it is a single item.

ducassos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Plastic Impellars are generally cast onto the meal center thus it is a single item.
in the manual , the exploded view of parts shows all seperate items, thus when I ordered I received the impeller fan

ducassos

Forum Newbie
Threads
I sorted it myself. not a lot of help from so called lawn mower mechanics. phoned around ,no one new much at all. still waiting on 2nd reply from Husqvarna. BUT I had a go at a few mods while waiting. I first ground down the edges of the 'spacer' then using long bolt ,nuts and washers and sockets.Used them to compress the fan onto the spacer. This must have come originally as one complete unit, not two items. Anyhow that worked nice tight fit. Then there is another plastic spacer that fits into the fan that the blade attaches to. This had to be filed down inside as it has a circular centerpiece that fits into a hole. The hole was undersized. Hopefully get it back together and get it working.
This is the plastic blade spacer.

Attachments

• blade spacer.jpg
    blade spacer.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

ducassos

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I found a item code for the kit but now discontinued but I have done my own modifications and got it all fixed and working.

Paxman

Threads
Sorry for intruding...but do you think you can give me some pointers on how to get the fan and the holder off the machine? I started a new thread about this (should have searched the forum first...?).

Regards
/Fred

Last edited: