If You Had It All To Do Over Again...

gabowman

Threads
If you had it all to do over again which mower would you buy? I guess I got lucky. I bought a 2012 Fast Trak Super Duty 60" mower and have nothing but good things to say about it. I did have to replace the PTO switch but that's it. Also, finding a used mower trailer for this size mower is a challenge but I'm sure theyre out there...just have to find one in the price range that interests me.

So...what did you buy and if you had to do it over again.... :)

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
A Toro Z Master z Master or a Toro Grandstand both with 60" decks and Kawasaki engines I like smaller decks to I have a 44" Toro

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you had it all to do over again which mower would you buy? I guess I got lucky. I bought a 2012 Fast Trak Super Duty 60" mower and have nothing but good things to say about it. I did have to replace the PTO switch but that's it. Also, finding a used mower trailer for this size mower is a challenge but I'm sure they're out there...just have to find one in the price range that interests me.

So...what did you buy and if you had to do it over again.... :)

If I had it all to do over again, Id probably do the same as I did. It would have been nice to have what I have now when I started but most wont have that much money to start a business. If I was starting my business over again and had the money, I'd go with the Walker Mowers.
Most any 6x12 trailer will handle a 60" cut mower, I load a 72" on my 6x12 and have a little room left.

kraky

Threads
I bought a used (70hr) raptor sd54. I like it and think its an awesome value for the $$$$. But if I had to do it all over again I'd spring for a new fastrac 54. I'm not a rich guy but comfortable enough I can have a few toys.....I like a great looking lawn and enjoy using "tools" that get the job done while I'm wearing a smile doing it.

mhavanti

Threads
Re: If You Had It All To Do Over Again..

Raptor SD60. It lives across the street from a Fastrack SDX 54 and a Super Z 54. I have an acre and they both have from 7/16 to 1/2 acre. Both will outrun mine in a straight line on a smooth surface. But, mine rides better (better seat), more sensitive hydraulics (maybe that isn't so good) and when they've challenged me to cut their yards on a timed event. I shaved about 6 minutes off one yard and 8 minutes off the other.

I think a Raptor SD60 would be my purchase of choice again although I admit I did look hard at the Fastrack for it's deck height set up. Other than that, I like the wider, taller tires on the Raptor over the Fastrack.