I need help

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve been experiencing a problem with still and video ads in the middle of the screen anytime I’m logged in. This can be very annoying , especially when I’m replying to a post. Problem does not exist if I don’t log in. I’m on an IPad and have all blockers turned on. I’ve been working with Muhammad to resolve the problem. He’s asked for screen shots of the ads. I can take a screen shot, but they will not attach to my reply to him. Open to any ideas from the computer geeks out there.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Screen shots are in the wrong format for the forum server
Save the screen shots then open them in a photo editing app and save as a JPG
Screen shots are often RAW or PNG format neither of which the server will recognise .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And you are not alone
I download a stack of posts then go off line to prevent the ever changing adds sending the screen up & down like pantys in a brothel
Go through them, write answers then go back on line to post the replies .

I have had this out before
The server must use a FIXED SIZE container for the adds then the screen would remain stable and the adds would bounce around inside the container .
One second there is a strip add that is 1" tall then it gets replaced with a video that is 4" tall .\Some add float in the foreground so the text I type vanishes under the add while others are on the same plane as the text .
IT is very very annoying to the point I am nt answering as many posts as usual.
And I have all of the addblockers installed
The forum will not display at all in Brave any more so I am forced to use Firefox

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Are you guys on desktop or mobile?

I'm using mobile right now and not having anything like what you're describing so I'm trying to first replicate the issue and then we can work on fixing it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m using an iPad Only. My desktop has been done for over six months.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are you guys on desktop or mobile?

I'm using mobile right now and not having anything like what you're describing so I'm trying to first replicate the issue and then we can work on fixing it.
Desktop for me .
Just a minute ago there was an add that took up the entirety of my screen height and this is a 27" screen .
There is a floating strip add at the bottom of the screen that today is about 1" tall.
Yesterday it drew about 4" tall so unless I scrolled to the very top of the screen my text vanished behind the add
Just above that is an almost full width add that takes up 1/4 of the screen
So between the two of them I loose 1/2 of the window .
It has gone from intrusive to impossible
And without the add blocker I get adds between the posts as well so that regularly you can not even see a complete post
Took a screen shot today and will try to attatch it .
I know it costs money to run a forum server but these adds have gotten to the point that it is almost imposable l to use the forum
The JPG below is my screen with the browser window full height from top to bottom
   Lawn world.jpg

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Thanks for the info. I will talk to our ad managers and disable a few of the ads. Personally I'm not seeing any screen takeovers or anything that overlaps the screen as you mentioned @bertsmobile1.

Will try to get this sorted out by tomorrow some time.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for any help you can give us.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks
The add at the bottom of the page displays above the rest of the page
Yesterday it was 4" tall
Today it is only 2" tall
in the screen shot below see how the Repco add overlaps the dental implant add
The dental implant add moves with the page as I scroll but the Repco add stays fixed at the bottom of the page
Now today it only displays 2" tall but yesterday it displayed 4" tall then add another 4" tall video add the a further 2." for the forum headder that leaves only 3" of screen height to display the text
So when you do a quoted reply as you type the text vanishes below the add where the repco add is in this screen shot .
Today it is taller then yesterday but the previous days the bottom floating add was the same height as the other adds

lw3.jpg