Hustler Super Z fuel Problem

alaskanut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Super Z with a 25 Kawasaki and it quit running off the left tank. I changed the fuel filter and check the petcock and I'm even getting fuel to the fuel pump from the left tank but when I hook everything up and switch to the left tank the engine dies. Runs fine off the right tank. Very puzzling, any ideas? Thanks

gundog

Threads
I have a Super Z with a 25 Kawasaki and it quit running off the left tank. I changed the fuel filter and check the petcock and I'm even getting fuel to the fuel pump from the left tank but when I hook everything up and switch to the left tank the engine dies. Runs fine off the right tank. Very puzzling, any ideas? Thanks

There could be a partial obstruction in the left fuel tank or line which permits a partial flow of gas but when the engine is under load, not enough to keep it running.

PVHIII

Threads
There could be a partial obstruction in the left fuel tank or line which permits a partial flow of gas but when the engine is under load, not enough to keep it running.

There is a guy on Hustler's Face Book page that is having this same issue along with trouble with the new VX-4 deck design.

hutch5860

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Hustler Super Z fuel Problem Mine did the same thing, finally replace all fuel li

Mine did the same thing, wind up replacing the fuel ones (all) and fuel filter, runs fine, hope this helps.