Hustler Raptor Limited 200 hour report

Filer

Threads
This is my third season mowing 4 acres of moderately sloping land with a 2017 52" Hustler Raptor Limited. One area of the property has many obstacles in the way of trees and bushes so the EZT transmissions have been snatched around a bit.

The only part that has worn out from normal use is the deck belt. I replaced it at about 160 hours. Other than that, I've broken 2 spindles as a result of hitting small stumps. Also, I ran over a small tree limb that flipped up and got between the drive belt and a pulley. The drive belt flipped up on the shaft holding the pulley and got a burn spot in it before I figured out what had happened and shut the motor off, so I replaced the drive belt.

4 acres is a bit more than most manufacturers recommend for their EZT equipped mowers and when I first moved here and started using the Raptor much of the area had been allowed to grow up and was a bit rough.

My sum up is, my Hustler Raptor has been asked to do a fairly tough job and it's held up well over 200 hours. Except for the deck belt, everything that I've had to fix was the result of operator error. In other words, the parts didn't wear out. I broke them.

We bought this place 3 years ago and used most of our money available at the time on the down payment. I knew that 4 acres of thick Kentucky grass was a lot to ask of an EZT equipped residential grade mower. But it fit the budget at the time. I wanted to get 4 seasons out of the Hustler Raptor Limited when I bought it. I figured 4 years would be enough to get myself flush again and maybe buy a heavier duty machine next time.

The Hustler still runs and mows as good at 200 hours as it did new and shows no sign of giving up. I have no doubt that I'll get my 4 seasons out of it and maybe then some.

It handles my 4 acres efficiently and leaves a nice, clean cut. If I had to do it over again I'd make the same decision I did when I chose to buy it.

Last edited:

Mower King

Threads
This is my third season mowing 4 acres of moderately sloping land with a 2017 52" Hustler Raptor Limited. One area of the property has many obstacles in the way of trees and bushes so the EZT transmissions have been snatched around a bit.

The only part that has worn out from normal use is the deck belt. I replaced it at about 160 hours. Other than that, I've broken 2 spindles as a result of hitting small stumps. Also, I ran over a small tree limb that flipped up and got between the drive belt and a pulley. The drive belt flipped up on the shaft holding the pulley and got a burn spot in it before I figured out what had happened and shut the motor off so I replaced the drive belt.

4 acres is a bit more than most manufacturers recommend for their EZT equipped mowers and when I first moved here and started using the Raptor much of the area had been allowed to grow up and was a bit rough.

My sum up is, my Hustler Raptor has been asked to do a fairly tough job and it's held up well over 200 hours. Except for the deck belt, everything that I've had to fix was the result of operator error. In other words, the parts didn't wear out. I broke them.

We bought this place 3 years ago and used most of our money available at the time on the down payment. I knew that 4 acres of thick Kentucky grass was a lot to ask of an EZT equipped residential grade mower. But it fit the budget at the time. I wanted to get 4 seasons out of the Hustler Raptor Limited when I bought it. I figured 4 years would be enough to get myself flush again and maybe buy a heavier duty machine next time.

The Hustler still runs and mows as good at 200 hours as it did new and shows no sign of giving up. I have no doubt that I'll get my 4 seasons out of it and maybe then some.

It handles my 4 acres efficiently and leaves a nice, clean cut. If I had to do it over again I'd make the same decision I did when I chose to buy it.
That is a good report !