Husqvarna yth 22v42 rough engine

rkbowles

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower was running great, but then it acted like someone had pushed the choke on it, bogging down. Now it is doing it constantly. It is not revving to the rpms it used to run at. Would this be a dirty Carb??

Honda Tech

Threads
Surprised nobody replied. I'm pretty sure you have a twin-cylinder engine on this model and it also sounds like you lost ignition to one of the cylinders. No Load, it should almost sound fine and still rev-up, but with the blades engaged, bogged down or even stall the engine.

D&Khisandhers

Threads
Surprised nobody replied. I'm pretty sure you have a twin-cylinder engine on this model and it also sounds like you lost ignition to one of the cylinders. No Load, it should almost sound fine and still rev-up, but with the blades engaged, bogged down or even stall the engine.
My mower is having a similar problem. It does have a twin cylinder and I just posted about it. How is this fixed?

Honda Tech

Threads
What are the engine numbers? Model/Type/Code/Spec?
If it is running on one cylinder, you can confim it by pulling the spark plug boots one and then the other. There should be no change when you pull the plug boot from the dead cylinder and it will die when you pull the plug boot from the good cylinder. Some engine use two coils, one per cylinder. Replacing the associated coil should resolve the issue, but occassionally the issue is in the harness or other associated ignition components.