Husqvarna locking differential question

R6pilot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a choice to make in purchasing a new rider. I'm looking at the YT48xls which is a lot of mower for me. I have an acre, relatively flat, I tow a trailer periodically which would be approximately one yard of mulch on an annual basis so I wanted some extra power.

Choices
Yth24k48
Yt48xls

I know the Kawasaki engine is a huge upgrade. I know the fabricated deck is a nice addition. What I'm nervous about is the locking differential tearing up my lawn. Anyone with experience, please let me know if you take a 90 degree or 180 degree sharp turn, will the inside wheel mess up my lawn on any turn or only the sharp ones. Will reduced speed make a difference?

Natureboy

Threads
I have a choice to make in purchasing a new rider. I'm looking at the YT48xls which is a lot of mower for me. I have an acre, relatively flat, I tow a trailer periodically which would be approximately one yard of mulch on an annual basis so I wanted some extra power.

Choices
Yth24k48
Yt48xls

I know the Kawasaki engine is a huge upgrade. I know the fabricated deck is a nice addition. What I'm nervous about is the locking differential tearing up my lawn. Anyone with experience, please let me know if you take a 90 degree or 180 degree sharp turn, will the inside wheel mess up my lawn on any turn or only the sharp ones. Will reduced speed make a difference?

I have bar tires on my YTH24V54XLS, a sharp turn tears my lawn which is not a big concern for me because my weeds grow back :laughing:. Don't know if it would be that big of a problem with turf tires on rear.

R6pilot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. I ordered the yt48xls on Friday. Locking diff was a sticking point for me, but I weighed the benefits of the Kwai motor, fabricated deck and figured I could take bigger sweeping turns if my turf did get torn up on tight corners. And, I agree, the weeds would cover up the bare spots in no time. Lots of money and lots of effort to have a nice green lawn!!!!

Threads
The YT48XLS is a fantastic machine, a good choice, once you start driving it & getting to know the machine, you'll find when not to turn too sharply, happy mowing.