Husqvarna Backpack Blower Problem-Help!

bouncer959

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna 125 BT backpack blower. I have replaced carburetor, fuel lines, fuel filter, tank fuel line seal and spark plug. Will run for about ten minutes with a full tank of fuel, then dies. Will crank back up, but quits again quickly. Will run again for about ten min or so if you fill up tank, then dies. Also seems like it never clears out and runs at full RPM’s. There’s not any carb adjustment screws on the carb to fine tune. What am I missing?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time it happens loosen the fuel cap and see if it will run. If it does, replace the cap.

bouncer959

Forum Newbie
Threads
Next time it happens loosen the fuel cap and see if it will run. If it does, replace the cap.
So the tank is not pressurized? I guess not since the new fuel line kit comes with a tank vent hose that just goes straight down into the tank and has what looks like a check valve/ filter looking apparatus that is outside the tank.....

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not pressurized, yes

Its Me

Threads
did you put one of those Chinese carburetor, they are crap, loosen the fuel cap, you might not think that it is pressured up but you would not hear it if it was, if you have the originally Carb. put a kit.

bouncer959

Forum Newbie
Threads
did you put one of those Chinese carburetor, they are crap, loosen the fuel cap, you might not think that it is pressured up but you would not hear it if it was, if you have the originally Carb. put a kit.
I checked cap vent, opened it up, loosened cap, it will run about five minutes or so then try to quit. If you let it idle when it starts acting up, then it will run another five minutes maybe then quit altogether. It starts back up pretty easy. Bulb is full of gas. It acts like a coil Breaking down when it gets hot. I’ll try putting old carb back on it tomorrow and see what id does with new lines.