Husq, GT54CS Wanders

gregboggess

Threads
I have a Husqvarna GT54CS that wanders as I mow or simply move down my road, gravel or paved. Last year the mpwer tech. replaced all the steering gear,upper and lower steering support, selector gear, and all drag links. Could the spindles or pivot bolts be the cause of the wandering?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would be checking tire pressure first. 10 PSI in the rear and 20 PSI in the front. If there is no change I would jack the rear end and put it on jack stands. I would then run the unit watching to see that both rear wheels are turning at the same speed, also look to see if one wheel is skipping if pressure is applied to both wheels at the same time. You will need an assistant or two to help apply pressure.

gregboggess

Threads
I would be checking tire pressure first. 10 PSI in the rear and 20 PSI in the front. If there is no change I would jack the rear end and put it on jack stands. I would then run the unit watching to see that both rear wheels are turning at the same speed, also look to see if one wheel is skipping if pressure is applied to both wheels at the same time. You will need an assistant or two to help apply pressure.
????????? For wandering?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m assuming by wandering you mean you can’t keep it going in a straight line.