HRX217HYA high lift blade?

ammodave

Threads
My new HYA doesn't seem to have as much suction as my old HR215SXA (same deck height). Is there a higher lift blade available from Honda or an aftermarket supplier? I have magnolia trees in my lawn and the new mower doesn't pick them up very well.

ammodave

Threads
I've used my new mower 3 times now and it definitely doesn't pick up my magnolia leaves as well as my old single blade Honda. Is there anything to be gained by going to a single blade and discarding the upper blade? I never mulch; just bag everything. If I remove the upper blade, do I need to install a spacer to keep the blade bolts from bottoming out before they secure the single lower blade?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
You won't gain any lift from removing the top blade. These hondas are really made to mulch. I've tried the remove top blade i did not install a spacer and had no problems but gained nothing :(

ammodave

Threads
That's discouraging. I really like this mower but would prefer a little more suction. Surely someone sells an aftermarket blade to address this issue.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had no luck finding aftermarket blades for hondas :( best advise is keep blades Sharp, deck clean, and bag clean

HRX

Threads
I mounted a Oregon 90-651 GATOR Blade on my HRX217. Just one blade. It is not listed for my machine, but it works fantastic.
I am using it to bag. It lifts the grass better and the bag is fuller .