HRS21 Engine Specs

Mini Motors

Threads
I have a HRS21 that has a GXV110 engine. I picked it out of someone's trash a few years ago, and it has run fine until now. I've gone through everything, and at this point, I think the valves might be out of adjustment. Anybody out there happen to have these specs? I've searched online, and can't find them. The weird thing is that Honda doesn't seem to even admit the engine model number. I can find a GXV120, but no 110.

I love this mower. After I initially got it running, I converted it to a HRM, replaced the tires, and ended up replacing the carb because the petcock was leaking, and is not a separate item. It has clearly been my "A" machine. I'm not in a big hurry, as I do have a newer "B" machine, but it's heavy, and not anywhere as cool. There's something about mowing with a 30 year old machine.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a HRS21 [snip] I think the valves might be out of adjustment. Anybody out there happen to have these specs? I've searched online, and can't find them. The weird thing is that Honda doesn't seem to even admit the engine model number. I can find a GXV120, but no 110.

You are correct, the HRS21 came with a GXV110 engine; I'm looking at the shop manual right now, and see the valve clearance specs are:

Intake: 0.10 mm ア0.03 (0.004 in ア0.001)
Exhaust: 0.15 mm ア0.03 (0.006 in ア0.001)

Mini Motors

Threads
Thank you, Robert. Unfortunately, we're scheduled for rain the next 3 days, but as soon as that passes, I'm on it.