How do you clean the wheel rachets and adjust the throttle cable on a HRC216?

mikeypizano

Threads
  • / How do you clean the wheel rachets and adjust the throttle cable on a HRC216?
Can someone tell me how to do this? I am not in the mood to leave my Honda at the dealer to do something I feel I should be able to do myself.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / How do you clean the wheel rachets and adjust the throttle cable on a HRC216?
Can someone tell me how to do this? I am not in the mood to leave my Honda at the dealer to do something I feel I should be able to do myself.

Mikey, assuming you have a new HRC (deck serial number MZAN-6100001 or higher), here are the procedures. Note it is nice to have a tachometer to confirm the engine speed when the blades are engaged and the throttle is at FAST; is should be 2,950~3,250 rpm.

Also, be sure to get the pawl assembly put back correctly, and only do one side at a time to avoid a mix-up.

Attachments

• HRC throttle and governor adjustment.jpg
    HRC throttle and governor adjustment.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 46
  • HRC rear wheels.jpg
    HRC rear wheels.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 49

mikeypizano

Threads
Mikey, assuming you have a new HRC (deck serial number MZAN-6100001 or higher), here are the procedures. Note it is nice to have a tachometer to confirm the engine speed when the blades are engaged and the throttle is at FAST; is should be 2,950~3,250 rpm.

Also, be sure to get the pawl assembly put back correctly, and only do one side at a time to avoid a mix-up.

Thank you!