How do I adjust walking speed on Honda Self Propelled Mower- Model VC6X

CorysMom

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How do I adjust walking speed on Honda Self Propelled Mower- Model VC6X
Well, my husband bought me the Honda Self Propelled Lawn Mower Model VC6X. It's too fast for me. If I pull that lever that makes the wheels turn about half way, that's a perfect speed for me. But it's too hard for me to keep that lever pulled in about half way. It hurts my hands no matter if I hold it closer to where it connects, the side or palm up. I hope someone knows how to make the speed of the wheels slower. They use to make where you could move a lever to pick how fast the mower would roll. Not everyone is a man with long legs. :)

Thank you

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post full model number beginning with HRX, HRR, HRC, or HRS, thanks.

Honda Lawn Mowers - HRX HRR HRC HRS Mowers they still do, look at these.

Honda HRX217HYA Model Info | 21" Walk Behind Mower | Honda Lawn Mowers I recommend this model, just google model number for best price. If your husband purchased your Honda recently at Sams, ask him to take it back with receipt and pick this one up, nice mower, take care of it per owners manual & it will last you for years to come. My oldest son has Honda very similar to this model that I purchased new in 1990, still running strong.

Last edited:

CorysMom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mechanic Mike, I see a model number on the yard bag, 12AVC6R0719. I don't know if that's the model of the lawn mower too. I looked on the lawn mower and I don't see one. If that's not it where am I able to find it? He got it at Sams and it has the swivel front wheels.

CorysMom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I apologize Mechanic Mark for wrong name. ... Everyone, I've tried to attach a picture and it doesn't let me, which would help. Just says the same thing in the browse box about c/userspublicpicturesample. Something like that.

Attachments

• 20150330_195456.jpg
    20150330_195456.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 14

CorysMom

Forum Newbie
Threads
After he got home last nite he looked for the model number also. What we found was on the flap for the grass clippings. It says: MTD model number 12AVC6RQ719 serial number 1A155K20372. Also some other things where it was assembled, and blade requirements. Not sure how but I see one of the pictures I tried posting made it. I can't figure how to post others. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20150330_192441.jpg
    20150330_192441.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 5

CorysMom

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, thank you very much.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads