Honda Trimmers

Tinyfxds

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would like to buy a new string trimmer this summer but I'm not sure which one to get. I have a Stihl leaf blower that I really like and I love my HRX but I'm torn between a Stihl, Echo, or Honda String trimmer. Any one out there own one and how good are they?

SS16 diesel

Threads
Tinyfxds said:
Would like to buy a new string trimmer this summer but I'm not sure which one to get. I have a Stihl leaf blower that I really like and I love my HRX but I'm torn between a Stihl, Echo, or Honda String trimmer. Any one out there own one and how good are they?

GET THE HONDA

Cato

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd get the Echo. Stilh's are overpriced and the Honda, I think, is a 4 stroke. 2 strokes provide better power. My new Stilh trimmer is hard to start too. Echo provides the best bang for the buck.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd get the Echo. Stilh's are overpriced and the Honda, I think, is a 4 stroke. 2 strokes provide better power. My new Stilh trimmer is hard to start too. Echo provides the best bang for the buck.

Not to start a war or anything but does Echo provide the best bang for the buck :confused: I do some checking on that. The best Bang for the buck is Stihl, consider the Echo 280 it cost $399.99 and has the biggest engine Echo offers at 28.1cc. I can buy the Stihl FS 130 for the same 399.95 and it has the 36.3 cc engine. If you want a 28.4cc by Stihl which is basically the same size as echo you can buy the FS 90R for $319.95 which is a lot cheaper than Echo. Compare the spec's VS price.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did we not just do this last month?????

Just test out each one for ten mins and buy the one that feels good to you. The best one for the money is the one that is easiest for you to use

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Cato

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not to start a war or anything but does Echo provide the best bang for the buck :confused: I do some checking on that. The best Bang for the buck is Stihl, consider the Echo 280 it cost $399.99 and has the biggest engine Echo offers at 28.1cc. I can buy the Stihl FS 130 for the same 399.95 and it has the 36.3 cc engine. If you want a 28.4cc by Stihl which is basically the same size as echo you can buy the FS 90R for $319.95 which is a lot cheaper than Echo. Compare the spec's VS price.

Point well taken. I have an Echo SRM 225 and it has plenty of power and I got it at Home Depot for $199. I later put a Taz head on it for neat sprinkler head trimming. I replaced it with a Stihl FS100 after doing tons of research. Turns out the Stilh is very well built but cost me almost $400. It's heavy, harder to start than the Echo, and is difficult to control due to it's great power. Oh, and I had one problem with the off switch which wouldn't turn off. I had to force it off by knocking to off switch gently with a hammer. I disassembled it and shaved some plastic off and added some grease. I just use my trimmers for use around the yard. So if the OP is just looking to take care of a small property, I think a $199 Echo SRM225 would be a better buy than Stihl's cheapest trimmer FS70 at $299. Stilh makes cheaper trimmers but they are rated "homeowner." Echos are all "commerical grade."

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Point well taken. I have an Echo SRM 225 and it has plenty of power and I got it at Home Depot for $199. I later put a Taz head on it for neat sprinkler head trimming. I replaced it with a Stihl FS100 after doing tons of research. Turns out the Stilh is very well built but cost me almost $400. It's heavy, harder to start than the Echo, and is difficult to control due to it's great power. Oh, and I had one problem with the off switch which wouldn't turn off. I had to force it off by knocking to off switch gently with a hammer. I disassembled it and shaved some plastic off and added some grease. I just use my trimmers for use around the yard. So if the OP is just looking to take care of a small property, I think a $199 Echo SRM225 would be a better buy than Stihl's cheapest trimmer FS70 at $299. Stilh makes cheaper trimmers but they are rated "homeowner." Echos are all "commerical grade."

If you bought the SRM 225 for $199 that's a good deal or price because they generally go for $259.00 the GT 225 curved shaft which Echo considers there Homeowner version goes for $199.95.
Actually the Echo is heavier than the Stihl, Srm 225 weighs 12.1 lbs and the Stihl 100 is 10.8 lbs but to me that's neither here nor there, it's only a pound and as far as starting it goes you have to remember the Stihl is a four stroke not two so it will be a little harder to start.