Honda Pinion Gear keeps wearing out

ishmot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello!
I've got a Honda HRR216k10 VKAA Lawn Mower and the rear pinion gears keep wearing out on me. I've replaced the wheel and that didn't help. Anyone have any thoughts on what to look for? There has to be something else worn out that is causing the problem.

Mower ran for 2 or 3 years without having to replace the gears. Now I have to replace them after a single use.

Thanks!
Jared

Attachments

Rivets

Lawn Pro
Threads
More than likely the drive wheel bushing is worn, allowing the wheel gear not aligning with the drive gear.

harold4654

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same problem with my pinion gears. I'm doing several things to solve the problem. I bought a new bolt and a new concave washer to hold the wheel in place. I have also bought Loctite Blue 242 Threadlock to keep the bolt from loosening up. I have several hills that contribute to this situation. Hopefully this combination will work.

harold4654

Forum Newbie
Threads
More than likely the drive wheel bushing is worn, allowing the wheel gear not aligning with the drive gear.
Rivets, in addition to the other repairs I've made regarding my pinion gear, I'm going to replace my drive shaft bushing. I'll see if that eliminates the pinion gear stripping issue. Thanks for your advice.