Honda HRX537

lr0584

Threads
The Honda that I am posting about is a HRX537, the transmission is leaking ,I need to replace the seals. The circlip on the left side of the drive wheel will not stay seated . The drive geat and all washers fall off and get tangled up in the wheel. I was wondering do any of the members addressed this problem? I am in Ireland looking for a tranny, or a solution to the clip problem.

lr0584

Threads
The Honda that I am posting about is a HRX537, the transmission is leaking ,I need to replace the seals. The circlip on the left side of the drive wheel will not stay seated . The drive gear and all washers fall off and get tangled up in the wheel. I was wondering do any of the members addressed this problem? I am in Ireland looking for a tranny, or a solution to the clip problem.
Changed the word geat to gear

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Circlips don't last very long, and Honda suggests replacing them. They can get twisted and pulled apart too far, causing a poor fit. Try fitting a new circlip, which should be available from a Honda dealer in your area.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Honda that I am posting about is a HRX537, the transmission is leaking ,I need to replace the seals. The circlip on the left side of the drive wheel will not stay seated . The drive geat and all washers fall off and get tangled up in the wheel. I was wondering do any of the members addressed this problem? I am in Ireland looking for a tranny, or a solution to the clip problem.

Circlips can get stretched and deformed easily when removed/installed, and should be replaced with new. They are cheap; list price is usually $1 US or less.

lr0584

Threads
Circlips can get stretched and deformed easily when removed/installed, and should be replaced with new. They are cheap; list price is usually $1 US or less.
I
Hello Robert:
I am in Ireland, I own a HRX537CHXE in the USA I am unable to locate a transmission for this mower. The drive shaft where the circlip fits into is very shallow that is why I feel the circlip will not stay seated. I will try to drill a hole for a cotter pin to be locate where the c-clip is ,this may work. Are you able to cross reference this model ? Please if you are able to find the same transmission under another model please include , the number in Ireland is 20001-VE5-A00 I do not have the American cross reference number please ?The original trouble was the tranny was leaking , it looks like the one seal on the right side is leaking.
:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I
Hello Robert:
I am in Ireland, I own a HRX537CHXE in the USA I am unable to locate a transmission for this mower. The drive shaft where the circlip fits into is very shallow that is why I feel the circlip will not stay seated. I will try to drill a hole for a cotter pin to be locate where the c-clip is ,this may work. Are you able to cross reference this model ? Please if you are able to find the same transmission under another model please include , the number in Ireland is 20001-VE5-A00

Here's a USA-spec HRX model with the matching transmission; have a look:

hrxtransparts_zps406f4880.jpg

It may just be a seal that's leaking (#15) so that is an easy fix. The trans should come out all the way, so you can properly top off the fluid level (since it has been leaking). ONLY USE Honda HST fluid; no other fluid is approved for use in this transmission. Honda's not trying to get rich off selling fluid, they just have their own spec and require it for all hydrostatic transmissions products.

I know the HRX537 is an European-spec model (made in USA) and Honda does have a distributor in Dublin: Here's a link to find a Honda Power Products dealer who can get you spares for this mower:
[url]http://www.hondaireland.ie/dealer-locator/[/URL]

lr0584

Threads
Here's a USA-spec HRX model with the matching transmission; have a look:

hrxtransparts_zps406f4880.jpg

It may just be a seal that's leaking (#15) so that is an easy fix. The trans should come out all the way, so you can properly top off the fluid level (since it has been leaking). ONLY USE Honda HST fluid; no other fluid is approved for use in this transmission. Honda's not trying to get rich off selling fluid, they just have their own spec and require it for all hydrostatic transmissions products.

I know the HRX537 is an European-spec model (made in USA) and Honda does have a distributor in Dublin: Here's a link to find a Honda Power Products dealer who can get you spares for this mower:
[url]http://www.hondaireland.ie/dealer-locator/[/URL]
Thank you Robert for the information ,I will use this for he parts needed.