Honda HRN 216 VYA Blades Stalling...

lcst116

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, all.

I recently purchased a Honda HRN 216 VYA with the blade stop system. Today was my first day using it, and I love the mower but experienced one problem:

After about 5-10 minutes of use, I heard a "click" sound and the blades stopped spinning. The engine was still running though.

I tried to start the blades again, then after a few seconds I heard that "click" again and the blades shut off.

Can anyone help here? Spent a lot of money on this thing and want to make sure I'm not breaking anything haha!

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

gotomow

Threads
Check your owner's manual for an adjustment to the blade stop. Beyond that, since it's under warranty have it serviced.

lcst116

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check your owner's manual for an adjustment to the blade stop. Beyond that, since it's under warranty have it serviced.
Thanks for the reply. I did read through the owner's manual and didn't find any relevant information that could help.

Honda Tech

Threads
Sounds like there may be an issue with the Roto-Stop Control Assembly. Sorry that you are having an issue with your brand new mower, but that is what warranty is for. Schedule to drop it off with you local dealer. That is a relatively new model, so your dealer may need to order parts to repair it correctly.