Honda HR214 Mower - GXV120 engine - Washer goes where?

taongisurvivor

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HR214 Mower - GXV120 engine - Washer goes where?
After 38 years, time to rebuild the old girl. Tear-down was straightforward and since I have used Mobil1 oil since new, the inside was in remarkable condition. Bought the shop manual and was careful to only get Honda parts. Assembly now started and I've come across a thick washer with an ID just perfect to go at either end on the crankshaft. Could not tell where it came from as when I separated the oil pan from the cylinder, some parts just fell out before I could identify their location. The shop manual does not identify this part. Anyone have any ideas?? A thrust washer for the crank?? If so, goes at which endwasher 1.jpgwasher 2.jpgwasher 3.jpg??

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Honda HR214 Mower - GXV120 engine - Washer goes where?
First what is the serial number of the HR214 and sub letters for the model so we can look up the equipment. Kinda unusual for it to be an 120 cm2 engine, I would have thought it to be an 160 cm2.

Now if that thrust washer goes the crankshaft it is obvious it goes on the flywheel end as it doesn't fit above the PTO end that would outside the crankcase cover. Plus there appears to be a wear ring on the flywheel side too.

But double check placement by just installing the crankshaft with washer and cover. If correct the cover will close completely.