Honda HR214 GXV 120 - What goes in that hole?

taongisurvivor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Second post with a different question. Putting together the rebuild on the GXV 120 engine for the HR214 mower. I pulled off 4 oil seals and put 4 new ones back on, but I have this one hole that is unaccounted for (see first picture). The second picture of the inside of the engine indicates it actually does vent inside the engine. Is there an oil seal that goes here?? The shop manuals are silent and show nothing except possibly a 12x20x6 oil seal Part number 91201-427-003. Does anyone have any ideas??

Attachments

• Mystery Hole 1.jpg
    Mystery Hole 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 26
  • mystery hole 2.jpg
    mystery hole 2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 26

HarmonySeeker

Threads
Second post with a different question. Putting together the rebuild on the GXV 120 engine for the HR214 mower. I pulled off 4 oil seals and put 4 new ones back on, but I have this one hole that is unaccounted for (see first picture). The second picture of the inside of the engine indicates it actually does vent inside the engine. Is there an oil seal that goes here?? The shop manuals are silent and show nothing except possibly a 12x20x6 oil seal Part number 91201-427-003. Does anyone have any ideas??
My goodness, what a lousy-looking casting! It appears to be loaded with cracks!
But I've no idea about the hole.

Honda Tech

Threads
Can you attach another pic NOT zoomed in?

Chris Parman

Threads

taongisurvivor: In those pictures is the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system. What goes in the "Hole" is this rubber hose. This is the hose that is labeled #3 in the picture. There is no seal, just some silicone spray on the larger end to force it into the provision. I've performed many GXV120 rebuilds and that's my method.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 12.44.28 PM.png

My goodness, what a lousy-looking casting! It appears to be loaded with cracks!
But I've no idea about the hole.

HarmonySeeker: Those cracks are superficial and nothing to worry about, so don't get your panties in a bind.

Last edited:

HarmonySeeker

Threads
taongisurvivor: In those pictures is the PCV ventilation system. What goes in the "Hole" is this rubber hose. This is the hose that is labeled #3 in the picture.

View attachment 52342

HarmonySeeker: Those crackers are superficial and nothing to worry about, so don't get your panties in a bind.
Ah, someone knows what the hole is for.
Give the man a charute!
Or send me $5 and I'll send you a pair, binds and all.

Chris Parman

Threads
Ah, someone knows what the hole is for.
Give the man a charute!
Or send me $5 and I'll send you a pair, binds and all.

I'm surprised you didn't know what that hole was for, wise guy.