Honda gvc 160 engines

Tommy123

Threads
What would be a good/safe screw driver to use to remove the main jet on a honda gvc 160 carb?
I thought maybe Honda had a special carb too for this purpose but did not see one.
Can someone kindly give me the link on this forum to see how to safely remove the honda main jet
I sure do not want to strip this brass valve.
Never worked on a Honda carb before.
Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have found the best tool is an impact driver tip in a 1/4" spanner
On some that are corroded in really tight it is a case of holding the carb in a vice between rubber protectors ( old innertube ) and clamping the tip so it can not lift out of the carb body.
Liberal applications of heat from a hot air gun does not hurt either.
Some just can not be removed cleanly

Tommy123

Threads
Re: Honda gvc 160 engines f r 4

Thank you. Had not thought about your suggestions and have the tools you mentioned. Thank again!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just make sure you use a tip that is a tight fit in the slot even if you have to grind a little of the edge.
They make ratchet handles for the 1/4" hex tool tips which are good too bit I found that a 3" long 1/4" ring spannar does the job really well.
Th criticak thing is to put a lot of weight on the end so it does not skip out and bust the slot.
Of the slot ends up being wrecked then an easy out will shift the jet bit of course it will also destroy the jet.

Tommy123

Threads
Thank you for your help!
I am also waiting a reply to my question as which end of the emulsion tube goes first in the carburetor.
This forum has been very helpful in updating my small engine knowledge.

Tommy123

Threads
Not sure if my last question was properly posted about Honda 160 fuel lines, but I went to jacks small engine website and emailed them what I needed . Need to give complete code,serial and model.#s
Received diagram for my engine.
Regarding fuel lines I believed i looked under shroud covers and got the fuel line i needed.
Hope this helped the older seniors who have just started this fascinating and at times frustrating small engine hobby.
Also, this forum is great and thanks to all who have helped me in the past.