Honda GCV160 carb leak

Larma 1

Forum Newbie
Threads
new carburettor, when tilted sideways, far side up, carb side down it leaks fuel badly behind the air box.
do I need to turn off fuel lever every time I lift it into the boot!
thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every time you tip an engine with the carb down, you will drain all fuel in the float bowl onto the air filter. Always tip an engine with the carb up, should solve your problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Further to the above.
Honda engine have a bowl vent built into the plastic manifold between the carb & the engine .
When tipped , even with the fuel turned off, the fuel that is already in the float bowl will exit the carb via the vent .

Lawn Addict
Threads
By "Boot" I'm thinking you are referring to what Americans call the trunk on an automobile, am I close ?

Born2Mow

Threads
Every time you tip an engine with the carb down, you will drain all fuel in the float bowl onto the air filter.
I will go further than that.

Anytime you are not mowing you should have the fuel valve turned to OFF. If you are very conscientious, then you will turn the fuel OFF as soon as you leave the lawn... as you walk the mower back to the garage or car. In this way the fluid level inside the carb is drawn down.

Hondas will run 4 to 5 minutes after the fuel is turned OFF. Running the engine and pulling the fluid level down in the float bowl not only prevents sloshing, but also minimizes the bad effects of ethanol fuel on the carb.

Hope this helps.