Engine honda gcv 530 twin

delchip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all having a problem with the running of my honda 2216 mower, it started hunting and back firing so I took off carb cleaned it in my ultra sound machine, checked spark at plugs got a new air filter and new plugs but it still hunting any ideas please

tattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi there my dad has the same machine and has had problems with it running rough too although i am not sure what you mean by the hunting part ? we set the plug gap to 35 thou and so far it seems if i find anything on my end i will let you know ok, ps.... do you know where i can download service/repair manual for it.

delchip

Forum Newbie
Threads
]Hi tattie [ we call these spuds down south]thanks I have now looked further, had the engine running although still hunting[ this is when its revs are going up and down] took off the plug leads to the right cylinder nothing happened so have to presume its the ign coil so await a replacement. As to the manual no I have looked but not found one yet but if I do will post. BFN

delchip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all now fitted new ign coil and messed around with the carb, mowed the lawn today went fine so hope that is solved. Hurray!!:laughing

tattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
glad to hear:smile: it the old man was saying fuel quality is really important too

delchip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Tattie I was speaking to a mate last night who is gardening for some toff using the same mower he said that one is "hunting" it`s going in for service Ive asked him to find out how they solve it. Will post outcome

delchip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi again after six months of messing with the carb as well as putting into main dealer who fixed it for one mowing only, I decided to bite the bullet and go for a new carb,now fitted runs fine.Verdict change fuel filter one a year and be careful about the fuel!!

ospdk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has this engien on my Stiga Park Royal, i was cutting gras when it stopped, found out that it stops every time i engaged the mower, i disconnected the micro swits and started cutting grass again, after 25 minuts it started going up and down in rpm and running hard on regulater with ore without mover engaged, i have tried to clean carburator but it seems like notning is helping :-( any suggestions ?

delchip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has this engien on my Stiga Park Royal, i was cutting gras when it stopped, found out that it stops every time i engaged the mower, i disconnected the micro swits and started cutting grass again, after 25 minuts it started going up and down in rpm and running hard on regulater with ore without mover engaged, i have tried to clean carburator but it seems like notning is helping :-( any suggestions ?
Hi put new carb on ran OK for two months but now playing up again!! So no I don`t know what`s going on sorry.