Honda engines not wanting to restart after shutdown

viperv10

Threads
Does anyone else have trouble with their Honda small engines not wanting to restart after they have run for awhile? You have to let them set for awhile to cool down before they will restart. This is on a new walk behind mower and a power washer.
I'm a lawn boy 2-stroke guy and they say it is a coil problem with them when they won't restart when hot. I'm new to Hondas and don't know much about them. They seem awfully hard to start sometimes, maybe 10 to 15 pulls to start them. Is this normal for Hondas ? A friend of mine said the older models worked better than the newer ones. I don't know. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts they would like to share with a Honda newbie ?
Jerry

gotomow

Threads
My Honda HRX was very hard to restart when warm, especially when air was cooler. During leaf pickup very frustrating. Stop,empty bag then pull 5-8 times to restart.
All is good now, I have a Toro.

de3

Threads
My Honda HRX was very hard to restart when warm, especially when air was cooler. During leaf pickup very frustrating. Stop,empty bag then pull 5-8 times to restart.
All is good now, I have a Toro.
Hi...the problem with your hrx 190 is the auto choke,,,I have a 2014 hrx with over 1000 hours

gotomow

Threads
Dealer replaced that twice and the coil. Problem fixed with new Toro

Reactions: de3