Engine Honda 4514h stalling under load

wsyoung

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking for advice on repairing my tractor. The engine starts and idles great, the problem starts when I move the shift lever the engine will stall after 3 seconds. I have cleanedthe carb, replaced plugs and fuel filter. Any advice will help.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am looking for advice on repairing my tractor. The engine starts and idles great, the problem starts when I move the shift lever the engine will stall after 3 seconds. I have cleanedthe carb, replaced plugs and fuel filter. Any advice will help.

There are some safety switches that would stop the engine under certain conditions. For example, engaging the PTO/blades with no operator in the seat. Putting the transmission in gear with no operator in the seat would also probably stop the engine too. There is an excellent tractor forum on another site with lots of Honda experts, especially on these old Honda tractors. Suggest you try there for some help:

My Tractor Forum - Honda

wsyoung

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Robert, it turned out to be the park brake switch. Unplugged and the tractor runs great again.

Bill