Honda 1211 Blade belt replacement

Bernara

Forum Newbie
Threads
Having had to replace the blade drive belt on my Honda 1211 ride on, and finding little info in the web, I am offering this should anyone need the info.

After tipping it up and surveying the shredded belt, there seemed a number of ways to go, all of them quite awkward, so I decided to download a workshop manual for 」9 - I don't trust these "free" sites where the first thing they do is ask for your credit card with a promise it won't be charged...

The repair is as follows:

1. I found it easier to raise the rear of the mower and place on two axle stands. Get your 13mm sockets / spanners ready.
2. Bring the cutting deck to position "1" to gain easy access to the upper area.
3. Slide the two belt shifter bushes up until the belt can be released from the engine shaft pulley.
4. Put the blade engagement lever in the engaged position to free the brake.
5. Loosen the bolt in order to move the stretcher pulley until the belt can be released, without unscrewing it completely.
6. Remove the main pulley on top of the blade shaft attached by the bolt - remember there is a key in the shaft - don't lose it!
7. At this point the old belt can be taken out and replaced - take care with the cable from the seat to the brake, it can get in the way, and mine will have to be replaced.
8. On reassembling, take care to exactly position the new belt in the pulley rims.
9. Tighten both bolts to 20-25 NM
10. Check that the blade brake is working properly and the blade engages properly

Once you have done it, it is actually quite straightforward

gainestruk

Threads
Very good info, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Matthew123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,

Thanks for this. Very helpful and more detailed than anything else i've found! I have managed to get to step 6, and remove the bolt, but I cant get the main pulley to come off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.