HHSS Honda hedge trimmer (versatool)

nevetsyenevoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Folks,
Newbie here with a question relating to a hedge trimmer attachment which i have inherited but is not working. The shaft and all other attachments are fine.
I find no information on line and i want to try and rectify it myself but have no idea where to start. Fancy a fiddle before i go shopping.
Are there any diagrams of parts breakdown, photo's that I can compare my unit to including the inner workings, or if someone has an idea about the faults and parts /availability. You tube has a tonne of vids but i cannot find anything for theses honda combi units. I have asked for advice from a repair shop but they were not too helpful and want me to bring it in. I have a feeling that it could be costly to the point that its not economic.
Thanks in advance.

nevetsyenevoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the link Mark, but this was a document i looked at a few days ago. Page 36, contact the sale agency so i called Honda and they told me to call a service centre. Centre wants me to bring it to them. May have to go this route but wanted to try myself first. Thanks anyway. Steve.

nevetsyenevoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
To elaborate my question further, what can go wrong with these attachments to prevent the blades moving?? They are not jammed and I have undone the flat gear plate and looked but there does not "seem" to be anything wrong. I have undone part of the "elbow section" between blade and shaft and again I can see nothing obvious but then I really don't know what I should be looking for. Any help gratefully received.

nevetsyenevoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Getting somewhere.
This is the part number 41100 VP8 010HE It seems you can't get the separate bits within and have to get the whole gear housing.
has anyone got one (new) and at what price??
I can't believe how dear these are :-(