HELP I'm new to repairs

mo3ch#59

Forum Newbie
Threads
My husband bought a snapper mower and I had to put it in the shop the self propel keeps freezing. They say it's the transmission. My husband has recently passed away so how do I go about finding the warranty. Please HELP

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The warranty guidelines should be in the owners manual for duration. The dealer should just need a copy of the purchase receipt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you paid for it by credit card & keep your statements some dealers will take that as proof of purchase
Amex down here will actually force warranty on stuff bought with it if dealers give you grief about proof of purchase.

mo3ch#59

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know where the receipt is. Could they find this information with the serial or model #?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No.
Only works like that if you filled in the warranty card & sent it back.
I encourage customers to staple the receipt to the inside cover of the owners manual for safe keeping.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of the time the warranty card that they send in is more for marketing and doesn't actually register the unit. Still have to have the receipt in most cases.

Born2Mow

Threads
If you paid for it by credit card & keep your statements some dealers will take that as proof of purchase
Amex down here will actually force warranty on stuff bought with it if dealers give you grief about proof of purchase.
This is your best avenue. You can look up credit card purchases on-line.

sterracina

Forum Newbie
Threads
Snapper should know the manufacture date based on the serial number. If that date is still within the warranty period, then you'd think Snapper should honor the warranty. Also as someone mentioned, some credit cards will force a warranty within a certain time period.

wineman

Threads
My husband bought a snapper mower and I had to put it in the shop the self propel keeps freezing. They say it's the transmission. My husband has recently passed away so how do I go about finding the warranty. Please HELP
Sounds like something is wrong with the "Keyway" part of the engine. Snapper is notorious for saying you did not take proper care of the mower and void the warranty.

Tom in Dallas

Graeden

Threads
How long ago was the unit purchased? Contact Snapper with the mowers serial number and see if the warranty was registered. There’s no need for a receipt if the warranty was registered with Snapper.