gravely or john deere

dpcub

Forum Newbie
Threads
we are buying a house and thought the seller was giving us a chance to buy an ariens max zoom 60 with the Kawasaki. It is looking like the sellers may have changed their mind and we need to think about another ZTR.

The John Deere dealer close to us that we like also sells Gravely. After talking to him, and giving him a price range, he is recommending the following ZTR's

Deere Z915B, Gravely pro turn 60, or gravely 160. he is not too excited about the deere Z665.

What are you thoughts about these? Which one would you buy? Should I consider another brand?

All these are 60 inch cut with Kawasaki engine and are priced from 6500 to 7900.

Your experienced help and knowledge will be appreciated

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
we are buying a house and thought the seller was giving us a chance to buy an ariens max zoom 60 with the Kawasaki. It is looking like the sellers may have changed their mind and we need to think about another ZTR.

The John Deere dealer close to us that we like also sells Gravely. After talking to him, and giving him a price range, he is recommending the following ZTR's

Deere Z915B, Gravely pro turn 60, or gravely 160. he is not too excited about the deere Z665.

What are you thoughts about these? Which one would you buy? Should I consider another brand?

All these are 60 inch cut with Kawasaki engine and are priced from 6500 to 7900.

Your experienced help and knowledge will be appreciated

All of the brands offer similar main components. I have no experience with gravely mowers because we have no dealers near my area, but there are several on here that swear by them. We have plenty of jd dealers in our area, but the mowers are a little too pricey. Usually, if you shop other brands you can get a mower with better engine and hydro components for the same price. Any mower you get in the price range you are looking at will be a fine machine though. I suggest you see what brands you have available in your area and try them all. Each brand will have different features, and it will all depend on which you like best. How many acres are you mowing? Any steep hills, ponds, fences with narrow gates, etc?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since it is so late in the season, you can save money if you wait till this fall to make your purchase as well. Mower prices usually go down in the fall.

dpcub

Forum Newbie
Threads
the property is 4 acres, but we will be mowing around 2. There are a lot of trees and it is rolling hills. no steep hills or ponds.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
the property is 4 acres, but we will be mowing around 2. There are a lot of trees and it is rolling hills. no steep hills or ponds.

If you are only mowing two acres and you have no steep hills an $8000 mower would be way overkill. You can get a very good semi commercial to commercial mower for $5000 that will last you years.