Gravely 200 or 400 series with Yamaha EFI engine

Boit4852

Threads
Gravely has a few commercial grade mowers with the new Yamaha fuel injected engines. My 82 year old uncle wants me to go with him to look at these mowers. Personally, I have no experience with Gravely. My history is with Exmark and have been generally satisfied with Exmark, especially my dealer support and Exmark's dedication to prompt warranty parts supply. My uncle is leaning strongly towards a Gravely commercial. He's interested in the 52 or 60" cut models and I was pushing the Yamaha EFI engine but I don't know if there are issues with this fairly new engine. I have been maintaining my uncle's cheaper Craftsman lawn tractor for a few years so he wants me to steer him to a ZTR mower. Even though I have shared my experience with Exmark, I don't want to push him into one brand over another. There are a few high-end ZTR brands(Skag, Dixie Chopper, Hustler, Grasshopper, Kubota) available locally. I haven't found any issues with the Yamaha EFI engines when doing an internet search. Any owners wish to share? What about diesels?

Last edited:

pollishpickle

Threads
I have a 460 with the Yamaha and after I got the kinks out as it was a demo and they flywheel and keyway were damaged before I got it. They replaced te parts and now it starts and runs fine. I had a Kohler and a Kawisaki before and the Yamaha is quieter and seems to use less gas then the other 2.