Gas coming out of muffler

Jakobbbbbb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John deer gx75 and I think the spark might be off because I have spark and I’m getting fuel but it won’t fire. However after cranking on it for awhile I have gas coming out of the muffler please help

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
How long is cranking it for awhile? good way to burn up a starter.
wcheck the engine oil to be sure it isn't over full or smells like gas, without a little more information it sounds to me like your float needle has failed and is not stopping fuel flow into the carburetor. i have a RX75, and the needle failed on it this fall.

Richard320

Threads
You're either flooded -- see post above -- or you jumped time and the spark comes at the wrong time so the gas that got drawn in gets pushed out the exhaust unburnt. That would be a sheared flywheel key.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carb needle sticking open. Check oil dipstick for fuel smell. If you smell fuel in the oil, fix or replace the carb and CHANGE THE OIL.

slomo

Jakobbbbbb

Forum Newbie
Threads
wcheck the engine oil to be sure it isn't over full or smells like gas, without a little more information it sounds to me like your float needle has failed and is not stopping fuel flow into the carburetor. i have a RX75, and the needle failed on it this fall.

The float is fine I checked it and I have already changed the oil

Jakobbbbbb

Forum Newbie
Threads

The float is fine I checked it and I have already
You're either flooded -- see post above -- or you jumped time and the spark comes at the wrong time so the gas that got drawn in gets pushed out the exhaust unburnt. That would be a sheared flywheel key.

Jakobbbbbb

Forum Newbie
Threads
What are some other symptoms of a sheered flywheel key

Richard320

Threads
What are some other symptoms of a sheered flywheel key
Generally it sounds like it wants to start. So close. It just won't. It has full compression, so if you're pulling on a rope it feels the same. Your electric starter probably sounds normal. You'll have spark. A little gas in the carb won't get it going. By rights, doing the obvious checks, it should start. But it won't.