G1800-S Tire choice.

badninja

Threads
I'm shopping for some new tires for my G1800-S. I'm primarily concerned about my choice in rear tires since it has 4 wheel steering. Pretty sure it has the stock or near stock turf saver type tires on the rear now. They're fine for flat dry ground. But as soon as I go to mow a ditch with any kind of moisture, traction is a joke. Been getting tons of rain this spring and the ditches wont dry enough to where I feel like the mower wont get stuck(with those tires). So I'm looking at my options, I'm mainly interested in tractor lug type tires such as the Carlisle Trac Chief Industrial or the Carlisle Tru Power Bias. But I'm wondering if the aggressive tread is going to leave ruts in my yard every time I turn? If so any better suggestions?

On the front I'm deciding between a pretty generic lawn tractor type tire or I may go with a ribbed style if I go with the tractor lugs just to have a more classic look and maybe the smoothness of the rib tire will help minimize tearing up my yard?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carlisle great choice, my son has purchased quite a few for tractors we have worked on over the years. go with tread pattern that will be most beneficial.