Fuel flow

Chick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2019 Exmark, with the Exmark Engine. It is the middle one, not the Quest or the Lazer Z. It ran out of gas. Filled with gas, and it will not start. Getting spark, I checked the fuel filter, and it is clean, but fuiel will not flow from the tank. I blew back into the line to the tank, and you can hear the air, but it is not bubbling up, through the gasoline. What is going on?

cruzenmike

Threads
It should not take long for gas to get back into the carburetor but it might need to crank for a good 30 seconds or so if ran completely dry. The fuel is drawn through the line by a pump that receives pressure from the engine as it turns over/rotates. Sounds like you just have to give it some time to work. Not sure if there is any way to "prime" the line/pump....

Chick

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fuel will not flow out of the line, with it sitting there open ended, with the fuel filter removed.

geelee

Threads
Its a radius, 1 tank with a center top pickup held in with 4 screws. from your info it sounds like the tube going into tank came off.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You're blowing in the wrong direction. Disconnect the fuel line at the filter and blow INTO the tank with very low pressure air, such as cupping your hands around the tank fill opening and blowing with your mouth. You should get a flow of fuel if the line isn't clogged.

Be prepared to hook the filter up because if the filter is below the level of the tank, you will have started a siphon which will keep the fuel flowing.

Chick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its a radius, 1 tank with a center top pickup held in with 4 screws. from your info it sounds like the tube going into tank came off.
This sounds like what is happening. I will have to look and see how to get to that. Thanks

Chick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like you have to take all kinds of stuff apart to get to.it. The fuel and vapor line both go to the top of the tank, under the seat. The starter solenoid is also giving me trouble, and both should be covered under warranty, so I am taking it to the shop tomorrow, and let them deal with it. Thanks guys!