FS130 No start

Skoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
FS130 trimmer that will no start. Replaced the carburetor with new OEM, valves are properly adjusted, have spark, good compression, arrestor is clean. all it will do is sputter a bit when starting and only if you give it throttle when pulling. appreciate Any suggestions to try troubleshooting.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dump out all of the fuel, and try to start without choke, and throttle locked open. Pull for a very long time, and eventually dry out enough to start. Also inspect the fuel you dumped out in a clean glass jar.
After it starts then dies after burning up the excess fuel, put in fresh fuel and start it without choke.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I would still change out the NGK CMR6H plug as they known problem plugs here. I have had them to do some pretty odd things.

Skoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dump out all of the fuel, and try to start without choke, and throttle locked open. Pull for a very long time, and eventually dry out enough to start. Also inspect the fuel you dumped out in a clean glass jar.
After it starts then dies after burning up the excess fuel, put in fresh fuel and start it without choke.
Thanks for the advice. I will try this. I do use only canned Stihl fuel in an attempt to avoid carb issues.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
of course another known good CMR6H or Bosch USR7AC.

tree monkey 52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the advice. I will try this. I do use only canned Stihl fuel in an attempt to avoid carb issues.
Try using some Sunoco 260 Gtx 98 octane ethanol free unleaded race gas with a mix of 2.7 ounces red armor oil .you be surprised at the improvement in power . I use it in my FS130 R AND RUNS GOOD .

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure the valves are adjusted properly. There on vids on utube
Make sure to use a new valve cover gasket. The valve cover is part of the crankcase compression and must be sealed.
Dump all the fuel out and turn unit muffler down toward the ground and pull the recoil a dozen times to clear any fuel from crankcase.
Install a NEW spark plug and spray about a 1/4 second shot of starting fluid in the carb throat. Hold throttle wide open and try to start unit.
If it fires up for a couple seconds you have a carb/fuel problem. If it doesn't fire up you have an engine problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No matter what fuel you use moisture will still condense from the air
No matter what fuel you use it will still evaporate and clog up the jets & stick check valves closed.

tree monkey 52

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sunoco race gas comes from the Factory with a fuel additive that will keep the gas stable in the can with the lid on and covered up from sunlight for at least two years.make sure you install a fuel shut off valve in the fuel line and turn it off and run out the gas of the carburetor before you put your equipment away .