Found the neighbor kids baseball while mowing.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yesterday while mowing down in back, I accidentally found the kids lost baseball. What a loud sound my mower made, it cut it in two.

I checked everything on my Z & blades & belt etc are still running true. & I finished mowing the rest of my grass. Not happy about finding that in my fenced yard.

But that was the worst thing that happened yesterday, so life happens.

keakar

Threads
Yesterday while mowing down in back, I accidentally found the kids lost baseball. What a loud sound my mower made, it cut it in two.

I checked everything on my Z & blades & belt etc are still running true. & I finished mowing the rest of my grass. Not happy about finding that in my fenced yard.

But that was the worst thing that happened yesterday, so life happens.
you were lucky you had sharp blades, had they been dull the blades and a lot more would have most likely been bent out of shape

Romore

Threads
That gets entertaining! I had a customer wanting warranty to cover the neighbors window. Uh NO!! The mower manufacturer didn't leave the rock on your lawn dummkopf.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
My day started yesterday with a customer bringing his 2 week old DR trimmer with no oil showing on the dip stick,no resistance to the flywheel turning, and the customer complain that it just shut off, and then it wouldn't crank over. About 6 ounces of the required 16 ounces of oil found in the crankcase, and pieces of broken rod. Slight aluminum transfer to the crankshaft, with mild scuff marks on the cylinder walls. The other odd thing is with less than 5 hours of run time the crosshatch on the cylinder walls is gone with no evidence of dirt intrusion. the oil looked like it had been drained from a old gearbox.

keakar

Threads
My day started yesterday with a customer bringing his 2 week old DR trimmer with no oil showing on the dip stick,no resistance to the flywheel turning, and the customer complain that it just shut off, and then it wouldn't crank over. About 6 ounces of the required 16 ounces of oil found in the crankcase, and pieces of broken rod. Slight aluminum transfer to the crankshaft, with mild scuff marks on the cylinder walls. The other odd thing is with less than 5 hours of run time the crosshatch on the cylinder walls is gone with no evidence of dirt intrusion. the oil looked like it had been drained from a old gearbox.
sounds like another goober who didnt read the instructions telling him it was shipped with little or no oil and he needed to add oil before using

im not big on reading directions either but i do at least read the warning labels lol

Romore

Threads
The tag on the dipstick tube didn't tip him off? We had a mower come in with a trashed engine in the third season, customer had purchased Opti-4 and was demanding warranty. He had 5 bottles with him, when asked why he had not changed the oil nobody told him he had to. He was quite irate and was going to sue us, Toro and Briggs.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a tractor supply want me to do warranty repairs for them . Uh... NO...really... No.. sorry can't help you. Way too many people out there without the common sense skillset but can afford a cheap mower or tiller. Funny how people get upset when the battery, tires, belts, tree damage and stupidity isn't covered under warranty.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
sounds like another goober who didnt read the instructions telling him it was shipped with little or no oil and he needed to add oil before using

im not big on reading directions either but i do at least read the warning labels lol
I think this was more of a case of they added oil but misread the dipstick when sometimes when you check the oil the oil in the tube will make the level on the dipstick look higher than reality. I have seen more than one new push mower come in from a box store with half the bottle of oil supplied with the mower put into the engine, either though the oil bottle supplied in the box is the correct amount for the engine.

$344 electric start Briggs on a $600 DR mower getting replaced after 2 weeks of ownership.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those croquet balls are the worst and dangerous if the blade hits it right.

deck~dragger- I'm real glad those kids don't play croquet...

you were lucky you had sharp blades, had they been dull the blades and a lot more would have most likely been bent out of shape

keakar- Yes, that is for sure. Guess I'm gonna need to "walk the back"| first, Prior to getting the Z out. Spoke to the kids Dad, & he was a total loser.

Thanks everyone for the replies..(y)

That gets entertaining! I had a customer wanting warranty to cover the neighbors window. Uh NO!! The mower manufacturer didn't leave the rock on your lawn dummkopf.

Romore- Crazy world, & getting crazier.

Last edited: