For all of you scrappers out there...

metz12

Threads
So my dad is getting rid of his old 92 4.3l 2wd s10 that has been falling to pieces for a while now. Had the thing for 7 years now and has almost 280k on it. He is going to call a company that takes junk autos for a reasonable price. So my question is, what parts should I take off so he can scrap those parts to get some extra cash? I figured the battery, starter, alternator and the cat. Not sure if there is anything else on the truck that is high dollar metal that I should take off. Thanks!

Threads
So my dad is getting rid of his old 92 4.3l 2wd s10 that has been falling to pieces for a while now. Had the thing for 7 years now and has almost 280k on it. He is going to call a company that takes junk autos for a reasonable price. So my question is, what parts should I take off so he can scrap those parts to get some extra cash? I figured the battery, starter, alternator and the cat. Not sure if there is anything else on the truck that is high dollar metal that I should take off. Thanks!

If they can drag it on a roll back take the wheels, and tires off, and post them on CL.

mowerman05

Threads
aluminum transmission case?

Vervepipes

Threads
Radiator, depending on what it's made from. The rear cab glass is a good one, there are always people looking to either convert from sliding windows to solid windows. If you have the patience to pull the entire wiring harness you can sell insulated wire by the Lb at a scrap yard. Lamps and mirrors on a classifieds site if they are in good shape. I always pull all the bulbs and fuses. All the others listed before are good as well.